Sept 28, 2023
Boat canvas is a complicated business. Too many owners end up with enclosures or Biminis that don’t fit, often leak, and don’t last. KLK’s approach to traditional craftsmanship makes sure every one of its professional installations is customized to meet the needs of boaters who demand quality and longevity.
Family-run KLK Yacht & Boats Canvas Tops provides the highest quality directly from its Mississauga ON production facility with continuous quality inspection. Professional installation meets the owner’s standard and isn’t finished until everything is perfect.
The KLK Method:
- Digital technology in the on-boat patterning and at-shop manufacturing process saves time and money. Customers can participate in the development of product features by making suggestions and recommendations and approving the final appearance and features using KLK’s 3D CAD model.
- The 3D CAD modeling permits the early identification of hidden issues so there are no surprises at the end.
- Careful measurements produce a new pattern for each new, customized enclosure, Bimini, or cockpit cover.
Once the design is complete:
- Fabrication begins with the structural frame using 7/8”, 1” or super heavy duty 1-1/4” stainless tubing, carefully bending frame shoulders at the ideal radius.
- Deluxe trim features incorporate top-tier marine fabrics like Sunbrella®, the gold standard. Most fabric edges are hemmed where practical and additional layers of fabric are added where needed as reinforcement. These steps ensure that the product is waterproof, robust, and seamless to the eye.
- CNC cutting makes each panel perfect. Stitching incorporates the best marine PTFE threads with lifetime guarantee; choose between Tenara® and SolarFix®.
- KLK products come standard with YKK #10 industrial strength zippers, renowned for their durability.
- Windows are fabricated from premium clear vinyl brands such as Strata Glass™ and O’Sea®, which undergo heat treatment, special anti-scratch coating during vinyl manufacture, and rigorous quality inspections. The material is sandwiched between two layers of fabric and sewn with waterproof sealant within the seem to prevent water from penetrating.
The result is a canvas top, enclosure or bimini that looks superb and remains durable for years to repel the elements and retain its integrity. KLK is always conscious of competitive price and turnaround time.
The company’s team carries the same care and craftsmanship to cockpit and interior upholstery, sail covers, dodgers and deluxe sun pads as well as to repairs of existing canvas.
Learn more about KLK here https://boattopsrepair.ca/.