Dec 5, 2016
The Nominating Committee of Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons (CPS-ECP) is accepting applications for Director’s positions, to be nominated to fill vacancies on The Board of Directors at the 2017 Annual General Meeting. The Nominating Committee is responsible to, and reports to, the CPS-ECP Board of Directors. It is the responsibility of the Nominating Committee to select the best possible candidates to fill positions on the CPS-ECP Board of Directors.
The role of a Director of CPS-ECP (the Corporation) is a serious responsibility. The Directors shall manage or supervise the management of the activities and affairs of the Corporation (CPS-ECP). A Director is expected to assist in determining the direction and operations of CPS-ECP. Many items will be required to remain confidential. You will be expected to act in the best interest of CPS-ECP, and you may find conflicts between these ‘best interests’, and the interests of your own Squadron or District. The following is a list of experiences, skills and attributes that contribute to being a successful CPS-ECP Director and Officer candidate.
This is not an all-inclusive list! You should consider these before submitting an application for a Director’s position.
• Ability to get along with others, leadership qualities, experience, and initiative
• Ability to think independently, and not “follow the crowd”
• Breadth of CPS-ECP experience
• Interest in Boating Education
• Evidence of administrative ability (within CPS-ECP or outside)
• Enthusiasm, time available, merit mark record, participation at District or National or meetings, Committee experience
• Commitment to CPS-ECP, and passion for the CPS-ECP Vision, Mission and Values
• Leadership record at Squadron and District levels
• Family considerations and obligations
• Formal education
• Geographic location
• A thorough understanding of Squadron and District operations
• Completion of CPS-ECP ‘Officer Training Program’ seminar
• No criminal history
• All candidates applying for nomination as a Director of CPS-ECP are requested to complete and submit the following documentation:
• Director’s Application Form
• A current resumé or curriculum vitae (c.v.)
• Skills Self-Assessment questionnaire
• A ‘Statement of Vision’ of your personal short- and long-term future of CPS-ECP.
• A short Biography and photo for use on the CPS-ECP website if successful as a nominee
The above documents can be found on the CPS-ECP website and are available in hardcopy from our National Office.
All applications must be submitted to the chair of the Nominating Committee by February 28, 2017.
Applications can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in Hardcopy marked ‘Confidential’ to Chair of the Nominating Committee,
Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons,
26 Golden Gate Court,